This is a great opportunity for a recent grad that wants a career in Project Management.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Duration: 4 Months Contract role (possible extension)
Reports to: Director Operations – Commercial & Industrial
Department: PM – Commercial & Industrial
Location: Commercial Office - Mississauga
As a Project Coordinator you will play a key role in assisting in construction projects, mainly in the coordination of schedules, manpower, customer relations, engineering, and procurement. You will support the Project Management team on all aspects of a project life cycle.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and assisting resolving engineering design and test problems
- Understand design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Coordinate with building departments, local distribution companies, and ESA for permits and approvals
- Support procurement team with project specific requirements
- Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules and update team with progress
- Forecast and tracks change orders and scope changes
- Assists and monitors safety programs
- Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Assists in the implementation of engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements
- Assists the Project Manager to maintain the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project
- Administration duties/ tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS& KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Organization and Prioritization Skills
- Multitasking Skills
- Time Management
- Strong Communication
- Problem Solving Capability
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary school education, ideally in engineering with a focus on electrical engineering, structural or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 1 - 3 years’ experience as a project coordinator in a similar environment
- Knowledge of the solar industry, solar specific software, such asRETScreen, Solemetric, PVSyst, Project Management Software, Aurora, string sizing, etc. and, understanding of regulatory landscape for Ontario rooftop PV
Grasshopper is Canada’s largest fully-integrated solar energy company, focusing on acquisition, development, EPC and long-term ownership of solar projects internationally. Founded in 2007, Grasshopper has managed to keep a low profile, quietly celebrating successes but remaining focused on the continued path of growth. Grasshopper fosters a work culture that is dynamic and fast-paced, promoting the values of collaboration, professionalism, honesty and hard work in an environment where having fun is not a lost art.