We are currently looking for 2 Construction Project Manager (Solar Energy experience be nice to have) for 4 months (with the possibility of turning in to a full-time position). Looking for an individual that can hit the ground running.
The position will lead the development process of ground-mount solar projects from early planning and design stage to issuing IFC packages and then continues to lead the project through construction until the closing of the project.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage internal team functions for project development, including engineering and technical services, regulatory, and permitting.
- Planning and scheduling of engineering and construction projects (Ground Mounted Solar PV Project) including the design, budget, contracts, reports and progress tracking
- Scoping and contracting with various professional services sub-contractors for permitting, geotechnical, civil, surveying and electrical engineering functions, etc.
- Scope and assist in the management of construction contractors for various project execution steps, including the development of contract terms and conditions – both preliminary construction-related activities (surveying, geotechnical, roads construction, etc.)
- Coordination with Grasshopper’s site teams, contractors, equipment suppliers, technical consultants, municipalities, and regulatory authorities
- Oversight and interpretation of general engineering reports.
- Conduct site visits from time to time to ensure projects are built according to issued IFC packages and Grasshoppers’ quality and safety standard.
- Report project progress on (schedule, cost, quality) to senior management.
- 3+ years’ experience as a project manager.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred, ideally electrical engineering.
- Professional licensed civil engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.) preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in solar project construction is a must.
- Demonstrate tenacious work ethic and a passion for project management and delivering on time and budget projects
- Sharp eye to detail
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Ability to follow the process and able to make recommendations to improve the process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of negotiation with suppliers and service providers
- Expert Web user as well as strong MS office skills, including Outlook calendar
Grasshopper is Canada’s largest fully-integrated solar energy company, focusing on acquisition, development, EPC and long-term ownership of solar projects internationally. Founded in 2007, Grasshopper has managed to keep a low profile, quietly celebrating successes but remaining focused on the continued path of growth. Grasshopper fosters a work culture that is dynamic and fast-paced, promoting the values of collaboration, professionalism, honesty and hard work in an environment where having fun is not a lost art.