Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information.
The Senior Analyst is a key member of the business development team at Grasshopper and is responsible for assisting the team through the acquisition of a project/portfolio. The analyst will get introduced to some of the most exciting renewable energy projects across North America which will include exposure to solar, wind and battery storage technologies.
The analyst will also be required to research new markets and provide presentations to the management team on new opportunities. Finally the analyst will also be supporting the development of new projects in key markets which includes exposure to sales and marketing.
Roles and responsibilities
Energy Marketing Strategies
- Support development execution of short, medium and long term energy marketing strategies
- Build and/or support energy marketing strategies by summarizing key drivers and make strategic recommendations on how to mitigate potential threats and capitalize on upcoming opportunities
- Provide ambitious market intelligence research projects to provide strategic insight to business partners
- Prepare reports, illustrating graphically and translating findings into written texts with different formats; short analysis reports, reports or PowerPoint presentations
- Make recommendations on what the information means and how it can be used based on analysis
- Monitor and collect key industry intelligence, identify trends and translate into quarterly report
- Ad hoc projects and reports as required
- Supporting mergers and acquisitions targeting and negotiations with detailed financial modeling
- Supporting business functional areas with financial analysis
- Supporting Business Development
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Managing the full M&A deal cycle including: deal prospecting, execution and transaction closing
- Partner with various functional groups across Grasshopper to champion and execute potential transactions
- Conduct due diligence on new acquisition opportunities including market research, revenue projections, and regulatory reviews
- Provide recommendations to the deal team on acquisition structures and strategies
- Conduct research and analysis on new markets
- For potential targets that are of interest, create detailed business and financial analyses, including acquisition rationale and strategy, diligence and stress testing of management projections, and valuation analyses
- 3-6 years’ experience in renewables or equivalent energy sector experience
- Post-secondary degree in engineering, business, environmental science or related field
- A university degree with excellent academic records, and candidates who have shown development through work experience
- Experience managing multiple complex initiatives within the complete M&A life cycle
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent project management, financial analysis and modeling skills
Grasshopper is Canada’s largest fully-integrated solar energy company, focusing on acquisition, development, EPC and long-term ownership of solar projects internationally. Founded in 2007, Grasshopper has managed to keep a low profile, quietly celebrating successes but remaining focused on the continued path of growth. Grasshopper fosters a work culture that is dynamic and fast-paced, promoting the values of collaboration, professionalism, honesty and hard work in an environment where having fun is not a lost art.